The new General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR (EE 2016/679) is already in force and will be fully applicable on 25 May 2018, abolishing the previous legislative framework.
DOES IT CONCERN MY BUSINESS?
Yes, if your company, irrespective of the sector/activity/size, processes, in any way, personal data of individuals in the European Union.
WHAT HAS CHANGED?
Stricter requirements for the processing of personal data apply and high fines may be imposed in case of infringements.
WHAT ARE THE FINES?
Infringements of the Regulation may incur fines of up to EUR 20 000 000, or up to 4% of the total annual turnover of the previous financial year, whichever is higher.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE:
- Advisory services and information in order for your company to be fully compliant with the requirements of the Regulation.
- Specialized advice during all stages of the implementation of the Regulation, including procedures and policies for security and protection of personal data, in order to avoid the imposition of fines.
- Support during internal controls in order to verify your company’s proper application of personal data protection measures.
- Advice on whether your company is required to appoint a “Data Protection Officer”.
- With the assistance of external legal advisors, who have expert knowledge of data protection law, legal support and representation services in case of infringements of the Regulation.